Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pillsbury Biscuit Donuts




We made these this morning and I think this will be a new favorite in our home as there is not one little drop left over and kids were asking for more!  I found this recipe in several places on line and maybe everyone already knows about it, but it was new to me.  Next time I know to buy several more packages of the biscuits!

Donut Ingredients:
1 package (or at least 2 if you have kids devour like mine did!) of Pillsbury Biscuits
Oil

Directions:
Place dough on cookie sheet (or counter if you don't mind a mess), press down and then cut little holes from center.  I didn't have a cookie cutter small enough so my brilliant husband thought to use one of my large frosting  tips and it worked perfectly.  Save those little baby holes for extra treats!
Heat oil in deep pan or pot to 375 degrees (if you have a candy thermometer it will say "donuts" at the proper level). Cook donuts and holes until golden brown on both sides. Cover with yummy glaze.

Glaze Ingredients:
1/2 cube unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
vanilla to taste (I use about 2 tsp.)
about 1/4 cup milk (can also use water or evaporated milk for slightly different flavors) I didn't measure, I just put in what I wanted to get the consistency that I wanted.

Directions:
Make sure butter is soft (not melted, just soft) and combine ingredients and beat with beater.  EASY!

I definitely had more glaze than I needed so you could cover at least 2 packages of biscuits with this.
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy and Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment